Most people who live in homes with carpeting are familiar with vacuums, but this vital tool has not always been around. The history of the vacuum is surprisingly short and today’s vacuums are not terribly different from selections from 100 years ago.
The roots of the modern vacuum cleaner start with inventor Daniel Hess. In 1860, he submitted a patent for the “carpet sweeper.” This invention featured bellows and roller brushes that sucked in dust and air when manipulated manually. In 1869, Ives McGaffey took things a step further by inventing an upright cleaner that used a fan to move air. This unit was operated by a hand crank and incredibly expensive, so the product field.
There were many different ideas throughout the 1800s and into the 1900s, but none of these systems worked well until inventor James Murray Spangler invented what was essentially the modern vacuum cleaner in 1907. Consisting of broom, a pillowcase, and an electric motor, this idea was eventually sold to William and Susan Hoover, who invested in the concept and eventually started the company we all know today.
Whether you have a historical vacuum that is in need of repair or are just interested in checking out our selections of Virginia vacuums, you can rest assured that the team at NOVA Vacuums can help you with your vacuum needs.
Use your vacuum to its full potential when you shop at NOVA Vacuums. In addition to providing you with a variety of new and reconditioned vacuum selections, our business also offers vacuum parts. Check out some of the items you can purchase from our stores:
- Bags – When you have a vacuum that uses vacuum bags, you better believe that we have the selections you need. Vacuum bags may not be used as often in modern vacuums, but we always carry options for older vacuums that still work.
- Belts – Rest assured that your vacuum will work efficiently when you replace the belt. We carry belts that will work for a variety of brand-name cleaners.
- Filters – Has your vacuum filter stopped working correctly? Letting dust and particles fly all over your house as you clean defeats the purpose of cleaning. We carry filters for your vacuum.
Visit us at one of our shops and check out the selection of vacuum parts we have to offer. Our business carries selections from Miele, Oreck, Electrolux, and more. Since 1995, people throughout the community have been coming to our location for their vacuum needs. We are confident you will be able to find the parts you need at a price that will not break the bank.
Everyone should own a vacuum, but these handy household objects can be expensive. Instead of investing in a new selection for your home, you can peruse the selection of refurbished vacuums at NOVA Vacuums. Here are some of the benefits of purchasing our refurbished options:
- An Affordable Option – Shop for a brand new vacuum and you will notice that these products are often costly. If you want a vacuum from a top brand but do not feel like paying those hefty prices, a refurbished option may be right for your needs.
- Repaired by Experts – When you shop with us, you will be looking at vacuums that are repaired by factory trained technicians who use the right parts for your machine. They can refurbish a vacuum so that it will last as many as 40 years longer than their standard usage periods.
- Comes with a Warranty – In addition to purchasing a vacuum that has been expertly repaired, each refurbished vacuum we sell will come with a full manufacturer’s warranty. If it breaks down and is still within the warranty period, you can have it fixed as if you bought it new.
Take a trip down to our shops in Manassas and Warrenton to see our selection of refurbished vacuums today. We never use high pressure sales tactics and will listen to your need to find the right vacuum for you.
Have you considered choosing a central vacuum system for your home? Here are a few of the many benefits to make this investment:
- Stop Using Portable Vacuums – Dealing with a portable vacuum cleaner can be a pain. You have to haul it all over your house, replace it every couple of years, and deal with being tethered to electrical outlets. With a central system, the worries that accompany using a portable vacuum will be a thing of the past.
- Low Noise – Central vacuums are incredibly quiet. When your system is located in another part of the house, such as the basement or your garage, you will not even hear it running. With an investment in a new system, you will be able to talk on the phone, watch TV, or work while your family is sleeping in the house without too much noise.
- A Deeper Clean – Central vacuums are far stronger than standard portable units, which means you will be able to suck up dirt, dust, and other grime that you didn’t even know existed. An investment in a central vacuum system means improving the overall cleanliness of your home.
- Hypoallergenic – Central Vacuum systems exhaust all the microscopic particles outside providing the best filtration possible for dust, allergens, microscopic airborne particles, etc.
You can purchase a new central vacuum system for your home when you shop at NOVA Vacuums. Our business is proud to serve Manassas, Warrenton, and the surrounding communities. Visit us at one of our two locations and you can speak to a member of our team about the options available to you.
Find a new vacuum for your home or business when you shop with NOVA Vacuums. For more than 22 years, our business has been providing new and certified refurbished vacuums to people in Manassas and Warrenton, as well as the surrounding areas. Brands we carry include Miele, Oreck, and Electrolux, as well as Hoover, Dyson, and Sebo. Furthermore, we provide vacuum repair services and central vacuum installations.
One of the most significant benefits of shopping with us is that we meet or beat any price you find online. We know that it can be convenient to shop with Amazon or eBay, but you still have to wait for your product to arrive, pay for shipping, and deal with a seller who may or may not provide you with the proper items you ordered. Instead, you will be able to make your purchase from a business that employs reputable salespeople who never use high-pressure tactics and provide you with free maintenance plans and more!
Visit us today at one of our two locations to see what vacuum options we have available for you. When you shop with us, you will receive a maintenance and service plan to ensure that your investment will last for many years.